*Meeting called to order on 1/10/23, 7:05 pm at McKenzie Lanes.
- Last meeting notes from September. No meetings held in Oct-Nov, then December meeting was cancelled due to weather conditions. Meeting minutes were approved as read.
- Minimal expenses. One new membership.
- Renewed raffle license.
- At AWSC conference, learned that our club should be able to classify as a 501c3 organization instead of current 501c7. Frank to work on getting that changed if possible.
- Subscribe (submit your email address) to the club website to get automated email whenever Frank posts something.
- Bridge discussion. Not moving the bridge from old trail by Amery.
- Culvert and rock was done on KAOS trail east of Centuria. Works well and looks good.
- Groomers have been busy. Having to use the tracked tractors in some areas that the tires can’t get thru due to so much snow.
Trail Bosses Report:
- Trail signing was done November 8th. Club bought lunch afterwards at McKenzie Lanes. Six members helped. Kevin to make sure these time sheets got submitted.
- Had to go back and change the trail at the end near Balsam Lake on the Mabry farm to keep the trail off the hay field. Moved it to the corn field. Doug moved the signs.
- Kevin created maps of the KAOS trail section. He will save them to the KAOS Google drive and send copies to Doug.
- Youth snowmobile safety class held Oct 17, 18, and 20 in Osceola. 26 students attended. Registration fees paid for by Osceola Valley Sno Goers snowmobile club. Kylie spoke at the course to promote the KAOS club.
- Trail signs done.
- Received our new raffle license number.
- Doug to get new raffle tickets printed for next meeting. 125 tickets. Prizes similar to last year (cash, gear bag, cooler)
- New members. Discussion on how to recruit new members. Focus on families, not just youth. Had one new family join the club at the meeting.
- Kevin received the donations from Polaris in October.
- No updates.
Next Meeting: February 14, 2023 at 7:00pm at McKenzie Lanes in Centuria.
*Motion to adjourn passed at 7:45pm
Officers: President: Jason Rochel (2023), Vice President: Open, Secretary: Kylie McNutt (2023), Treasurer: Frank Sommerfeldt (2024)
Board of Directors: Doug Kromrey, Kevin McNutt, Jeff Kruze
Trail Bosses: Joey Gaffney, Jason Rochel
Council Reps: Frank Sommerfeldt & Doug Kromrey